Thursday, October 4, 2007

Panama's farmers resist hydroelectric projects


Please read this articles from the Miami Herald about the dam project near my community. Where the article was written from is about a 45 minute walk from my house and Ive even meet one of the men mentioned in the article. I have also meet the director of the company AES to ask him how he felt the project is handling the displacement of the people and if there were independent scientists doing inventories of the resources that will be effected in the watershed of this NATIONALLY protected park.


And if that site doesnt work, try this one:


And also this little audio slideshow that shows pictures of the area where I live so you can get a better idea of what its like:


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sara,
Hello. I lived in Nance as a PCV from 98-2000. Will you send me your email so we can talk?

I'm at dawnamo@gmail.com